Killer Octave Question

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Sun, 13 Apr 2003 19:42:03 -0400

John,
         I am certainly not trying to paint you as being anything at all
one way or the other. You have clarified your position in this post as one
who endeavors to duplicate the original in every way possible with regard
to design but perhaps not entirely in implementation. I understand that you
may use different methods to achieve this duplication vis a vis power tools
and the like but you look for the end result to be basically the same. In
your last paragraph you mention some efforts to improve or modify tone and
touch. It is these efforts that I am most earnestly interested in. I
believe others are as well whether we all happen to agree or not.
         I glean from your most recent posts that you seem to be taking
this rather personally. This is unfortunate as I had hopes of learning
something in a free exchange of ideas. Your last sentence below seems to
show you lashing out at others to protect your position. If I mis-read I
apologize. If not, I am saddened. If you choose to continue in this thread
or any others I have hopes that a free exchange of ideas can be done
without any posturing or feelings hurt if ones ideas or ideals aren't
necessarily shared by all. I respect your view and your experience and
thank you for what you have been willing to share so far.

sincerely,
Greg Newell

Greg Newell
mailto:gnewell@ameritech.net