Killer Octave

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 08:42:46 -0700

Del, Ron & Ron,
Someone mentioned the physical difference of where the bridge is, in
relation to the crown of the board. The killer octave is usually right where
the bridge(s) is/are at the top of the crown, as it crosses from being on
the back side of the arc, to being on the front side of the arc. The
question is: Is there a relevance here? I know there are many factors in
what makes a "bad" area in the soundboard, but could this factor be part of
the equation? Just wondering.
Best regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)