Rib Alignment/Installation

Dave Nereson dnereson@dim.com
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 03:17:03 -0600

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Farrell=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Sunday, April 13, 2003 7:59 PM
  Subject: Rib Alignment/Installation

  I've got 15 spruce ribs and a spruce panel. Now how do I get the ribs =
onto the panel in the right spot? The only thing I can think of is to =
either put a small tack through the rib bottom in the notch area and =
then lay the panel into its proper position and push down so that the =
tack that is sticking up through the rib top makes an indent in the =
bottom of the panel. Or I could drill a very small hole through the =
panel and through the rib in the notch and locate the rib with a =
toothpick or a center pin. I think I will need something like that to =
keep the rib from skating around during glue-up to the panel anyway.

  How have others done this? Thanks.

  Terry Farrell
   =20