files@ptg.org, place tech files on the web at ptg.org

Kent Swafford sec@ptg.org
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 17:48:02 -0500

On Wednesday, April 23, 2003, at 04:48  PM, David C. Stanwood wrote:

> ...leave pictures on your web site with a link for
> us to go to, it would be better for some of us... I got 16 pages of
> text
> code the way you or Calin sent whatever image you just sent.

OK, I think it may be time to do something about this.

PTG has the technology to provide web space for pictures and other
files of technical interest.

And we know that large e-mails with attachments are problems for some.

I suggest that we limit the size of pianotech e-mails as we did in the
past, effectively blocking attachments from pianotech.

Further, I suggest that we establish a way of placing tech files on the
web at ptg.org.

It works as follows:

Attached tech files may be e-mailed to the following address:

files@ptg.org

The files will be moderated, mostly to guard against corrupted and
otherwise technically problematic files.

When approved, a link to the file will be posted to pianotech.

The first file, a picture of a, uh, fine action repair has been
uploaded and is ready for viewing at:

https://www.moypiano.com/ptg/files/attachments/17/27/5d/27/Dsc00209.jpg

:)

Kent Swafford