Post Responses/Killer Octave

Robin Hufford hufford1@airmail.net
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 01:37:32 -0700

Ron O. and Terry,
     Thanks to you both for your responses:  a few points are below.

Farrell wrote:

>    Part 1.1    Type: Plain Text (text/plain)
>            Encoding: quoted-printable

The small shop redesign or customization certainly has a place.  I don't
think I have anywhere in previous postings indicated otherwise.
However, once again, what is the measure of success?  The functional
utility of a piano is, as Terry says, somewhat difficult of
discernment.   A car can go faster, or ride better, etc., but a piano?
Is it better simply and by definition because it has had extensive
modifications?  Or simply because the modifier may sincerely believe and
claim so?  I doubt it.  It has got to sound better, play better and, in
general, be a better method of artistic expression,   something greatly
open to interpretation.  I only object, in general,  to the claim that
everything else except the present new, improved, customized design, is
inadequate - a claim, I might add, which readily leaves behind simple
common sense.  Nevertheless, thanks for the commentary.
Regards, Robin Hufford