Handsome Old Timer Needs Bridgework

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Sun, 03 Aug 2003 21:50:29 -0400

Alan,

I doubt if I can help here, but maybe.

If I follow your description, each sticker attaches to the wippen with a
center pin, and *also* attaches to the rocker arm with a center pin.  Am
I correct?  I've seen some stickers that have  thin metal pins coming
out of the bottom and into the rocker arms to hold the sticker in
place.  These aren't all that hard to get apart, and you certainly don't
have to remove the 176 rocker arm screws.

Obviously I can't see the action you are describing, but the thought
going through my mind is this-- if the piano is all that difficult to
get apart, then it would have been about as hard to assemble in the
first place.  What would the manufacturer hope to gain by doing that?  I
just hope you aren't overlooking some easier way of taking the action
out.

Regards,
Clyde Hollinger, RPT
Lititz, PA, USA