Gitt Tuff on Climit Control

Bill Ballard yardbird@vermontel.net
Sun, 3 Aug 2003 22:12:15 -0400

Dear List,

Many of you may know Liz Baker RPT of St. Louis, MO, who among other
assignments is the senior piano technician at the Marlboro (VT) Music
Festival. I recently stopped in for a Wed. night dining hall concert
(it's 45 minute drive), as well as checking out the new Bs fresh from
NY Steinway. (Resonance you could do anything with, resonance to die
for.)

Ordinarily she has a radiant sunny disposition, unaffected by the
behavior of pianos and pianists. But when it comes to climate control,
sheriff Baker puts her foot down. For the last few years, each year
Marlboro buys another free-standing room AC (I didn't look at the
boiler plate for BTU capacity) for its rehearsal/practice rooms. But
training musicians to use them gets ugly, as you can see. This 8-1/2x11
poster was tacked to the wall next to rehearsal room doors. With a
glare like that I'd eat brussell sprouts and chopped liver!

She sends her regards to friends on the list.

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"If we see you SMOKING we will assume that you are on fire and will
take appropriate measures"
    ...........Sign in a Music Dept. Hallway

[Photo is at:)

https://www.moypiano.com/ptg/files/attachments/05/90/8d/02/
SherrifLiz.jpg

[Alternate URL:]