£1.4m Steinway.

Peter Burns peter-burns.pianotuner@tesco.net
Tue, 5 Aug 2003 22:40:58 +0100

I wonder if techs have heard that George Micheal has paid =A31.4m
for John Lennon's Steinway upright?=20
I  "imagine" most would agree that this is absurd in the extreme; =
although it's absurdity would be lessened slightly if we were to learn
that Mr. Micheal was prepared to pay the relative going rate for tuning, =
repairs etc.
If we suppose an average new upright price, in the UK of say, =A34,000=20
to =A35,000, then the cost of tuning is roughly one percent, at =A350.
This means, in theory, that he should pay no less than =A314,000 to=20
have the piano tuned!
I doubt he will see things in quite the same light, but I put myself=20
forward for the job nonetheless.
Regards=20

Peter J Burns
Pianoforte Tuner & Technician