Piano Stage Truck Installation

G GRAVINA ggravina@ix.netcom.com
Wed, 06 Aug 2003 08:35:00 -0400

I've been meaning to share this idea; Terry Farrell's post re: an integral
piano truck gave me the push.

By using jack stands (used in boat yards for supporting boats in dry dock)
one can install a grand truck alone - easily and safely.  Place one jack
stand under each end of the key bed, and one at the tail.  Turn the
t-handle on each jack stand, and up she goes.  With the piano supported in
the air by the jack stand, the truck is assembled and aligned to the legs.
The piano is then lowered onto the truck.  Very simple and very safe.

If anyone is interested, I'll flesh out my procedure and posts some pics.

Jerry Gravina, RPT
Babylon, NY