mold in Dampp Chaser fill tube

Elian Degen J. elian_degen@cantv.net
Wed, 6 Aug 2003 15:23:11 -0400

I never had any problem with any of my customers, still, how about =
putting some vinager in the watter or one of those commercial products =
used in aquariums? good idea to ask DC

Elian Degen
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Harry Whitaker=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2003 14:19
  Subject: mold in Dampp Chaser fill tube

  Anyone had a customer question about mold in a Dampp Chaser system?   =
The company cannot guarantee it won't develop under the best use =
practices, religiously adding their solution to the water each fill.  =
Every tube I've seen has mold eventually, which leads me to wonder who =
is liable if the customer gets watery eyes or something and blames the =
problem on the Dampp Chaser and the installer and anyone else.  Or has =
anyone had a legal problem with the installation of a Dampp Chaser for =
any other reason like a soundboard problem blamed on the system?   I =
have not but it seems like a strong possibility someone has. =20

  Harry