Pneumatic Soundboard Press

Fri, 8 Aug 2003 10:02:02 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Farrell" <mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: August 08, 2003 3:36 AM
Subject: Re: Pneumatic Soundboard Press

> Don't you get a fair bit of bending of your bottom caul when clamp is
pressurized? Or did you figure that into your caul curve. That would be a
bit of a stroke of genius.

Precious little.
No.
Precious little.

> If/when I make a second generation of clamps, they will certainly look
very different from my clunky-but-functional ones.

I'll not hold my breath. Once made these things rarely get replaced. We
made a set of these for someone else once. Before starting the project I
tried to estimate what they would cost--I was shocked. And I didn't
overestimate. No, not at all. Once you figure up what you have invested in
yours--planning and building time, materials, assembly time, etc.--you'll
be shocked as well.

Del