Installing stage truck

pbmosley mosley@idir.net
Tue, 12 Aug 2003 19:25:07 -0500

I have been a lurker on the list for years but never contributed. The =
information is very thorough, but I did feel like I had something to add =
on jacks.  I have a machinist that has helped me with the idea and have =
a few of these jacks.  I have taken a Fulton screw jack, like you would =
see on a boat trailer, cut the wheel off and put a plate on the bottom.  =
Then just take a small pipe and plate and weld to the top, put a chair =
leg rubber end on it and it stays fine.   I think the overall height is =
about 21".  It's been awhile, just make sure that your jack handle will =
turn when it is under the piano.  It is the slickest thing I have ever =
seen for this.  It just takes one jack and a couple of pieces of 2X4.  =
No lifting, no hassles, great for leg repair.  Stick it under the piano =
and crank a couple of turns, it is all one piece and very easy to carry, =
takes up almost no room in the truck, and lifts 2000 lbs. =20
Phil Mosley
worn out string puller