E-bay (WAS: Piano Humor/Stephen Airy)

Robert Goodale rrg@unlv.edu
Wed, 13 Aug 2003 07:10:11 -0700

> No...I think people that "buy" on E-bay, need an education.

I have made many successful and legitimate purchases on e-bay.  No pianos
but nevertheless I think the majority of e-bay sellers are honest.  E-bay
can be very valuable when you are searching for difficult to find items such
as specialty tools, antiques, or just parts for something else that has
missing components.  I found specific missing parts for a particular model
Delta sander that hasn't been made in 20 years.  I bought a gas pressure
gauge I needed for inspection on our new building for $3.00 which worked
perfectly.  I even bought an antique 3-slot Northern Electric payphone for
the phone booth I picked up last year, (surely you remember that crazy
story- check the archeives if you missed it).

The rule is to use be wise when placing bids.  If it sounds to good to be
true it probably is.  If you have questions, ask the seller.  If you are
speculative about the seller, check the "seller feed-back" section to see if
there are any complaints.  Certainly there are risks but there can be
rewards too.

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV