More on soundboard crown

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Wed, 13 Aug 2003 11:50:50

Hi Calin,

It's a case of apples and oranges. The only laminated soundboards I see are
in "full perimeter" iron frames--which are more stable as far as humidity
changes. If they would make three identical pianos one with laminated and
one with traditional rib crowned board and one with compression crowned
board--some conclusions could be drawn--but..no one has yet. Or if they
have the results are locked away.

Be that as it may I just tuned a small Heintzman upright with dampchaser
system. It had been 30 months since the last tuning and pitch change did
not exceed 2 cents on any note.

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/