Graphite on Samick Center Pins?

John Ross jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
Thu, 14 Aug 2003 11:19:15 -0300

I don't believe it is graphite.
It is bad plating on the pin.
I had it happen on a piano Samick made for Baldwin. The repining was covered under warranty.
I suppose the warranty would depend on when the piano was purchased.
Why don't you contact Samick at
samickservice@samickmusicusa.com
Regards,
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Piannaman@aol.com
  To: pianotech@ptg.org
  Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2003 11:02 AM
  Subject: Re: Graphite on Samick Center Pins?

  In a message dated 8/14/03 2:47:11 AM Pacific Daylight Time, mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com writes:

    If folks need/wish/whatever to email other list members privately, of course, do it. Hoping that I can speak for others, please don't do it on our account - many of these topics appear to me to be good solid technical issues. At least among the relative upstarts like me, even if the topic has been covered a few times, often another angle can have it make sense to me. So if at all possible, keep the technical issues out in public! Thanks.

  Terry,

  Don't worry, you haven't missed anything. Yours is, surprisingly, the only response so far.  Anyone out there with wisdom on this contaminant/graphite issue?

  Dave Stahl