Another amazing story regarding that amazing Chicago pianist (Jon Weber)

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Fri, 15 Aug 2003 07:35:34 -0700 (PDT)

Dear List,
     I was riding through Atlanta with Hyman friend
and German stride piano impressario Siegfried Mohr,
and Tatumesque N.O. pianist Dr. Luther G. Williams.
Siegfried was driving, Luther in passenger seat. Me in
back.
     Siegfried was playing us a tape of this amazing
fellow from Chicago, but was puzzled by the title of
one piece: "Rocky and Stridewinkle". So I explained
that it was "A very funny Canadian cartoon about a
mooose and....."
     But at that moment my sentence was cut off, as a
silver Lexus passed on the right and swerved in front
of us so quickly that Siegfried had to slam on the
brakes.
     The license plate on the Lexus:
     "SQUIRREL"
     True story.