Key Ratio

Roger Jolly roger.j@sasktel.net
Sun, 17 Aug 2003 16:01:19 -0600

Hi Joe,
                You are correct, but the reference is to Dave Stanwood's
protocol, and it is what every one seems to understand. His method of using
a 10gm weight on the capstan makes a very convenient way of measuring it
accurately.

The .5 figure to represent ratio is very convenient, when looking at the
dip measurement.  For instance KR at .45 is easily used with 10mm dip to
find capstan rise. As compared to 2.something or other to 1.
Hope that helps.

Regards Roger