Soundboard crown

Mon, 18 Aug 2003 00:39:14 -0700

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Richard Brekne=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: August 17, 2003 11:56 PM
  Subject: Re: Soundboard crown

   =20
  Delwin D Fandrich wrote:=20

  Yes, I see what you mean. I don't see how, in anything remotely =
resembling average climate conditions, you would generate enough tension =
to cause the thing to crack. Assuming the panel was at some MC in the 7% =
to 9% range when it was ribbed.

  Hi Del... would you put a figure on what you mean by "average climate =
conditions" just for edification please ? Thanks muchly.=20

Poor choice of words. Replace "average" with "typical" or "common." In =
other words, any micro-climate that might be found inside a normal home =
in what is normally considered to be normal civilization.

Del