Laminated ribs

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Tue, 19 Aug 2003 13:59:16 -0500

>I meant vertically laminated wouldn't have any "springback" (i called this
>"deformation") after being glued in a curved caul, but I guess this also
>depends on how the grain is aligned.
>
>  Calin Tantareanu

With five or more laminations, springback isn't a problem with the
horizontal laminates and you've formed rather than cut a crown. Not that
there's any difference in performance in the end result, but it's sure nice
having a ready made pre-crowned plank to rip ribs from without having to
cut crowns individually afterward.

Ron N