Big Bushings/Ron Nossaman

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Mon, 25 Aug 2003 14:36:59 -0500

>With hardwood dowels, you're back to the main problem of plate bushings:
>you're working with end grain rather than cross grain.

I never expected anything different from bushings. I'm not looking for any
torque boost from them. Just a little flagpole support and keeping the pin
off of the plate has always been enough for me, so a bushed plate always
feels better to me than open holes. Not as nice as open face, naturally.

>Cross grain is far
>more stable and less prone to crushing, etc. It WILL give a markedly better
>tuning pin feel!
>Best Regards,
>Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)

It's certainly worth a try.