Spliting Heads

Jeffrey Schlaybach schlaybach@earthlink.net
Wed, 27 Aug 2003 07:18:40 -0700

Didn't check the archive but is there a simple way to repair split =
hammer heads? I tuned a customer's spinet piano Monday and about 7 of =
the heads had the felts pulled away from one side of the hammers (most =
on top but some at the bottom). I thought perhaps clamping and glue but =
what type of glue? And would the pressure the heads are under allow the =
same things to happen all over again? Since it is a spinet I hope to =
avoid taking out the action.

Jeff Schlaybach - Robesonia, PA