Spliting Heads

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@comcast.net
Wed, 27 Aug 2003 09:02:41 -0400

<SNIP>.  You need strong hands to do this, and you have to get the
pieces lined up right the first time, and quickly.  Maybe this is a
method for those who are willing to live dangerously.

Yes, after doing this I have had the other side of the felt pull loose,
although not usually.  In that case you repeat the process.  It's the
fastest way I know, and no other clamps are needed.  Your fingers may
not be strong enough for some of the low bass hammers; in that case you
need to figure out something else.  And keep the glue off your fingers,
or you're in for even more problems.  It's not much fun being glued to
the piano.

Regards,
Clyde

            I've been carrying around a winter spinet by my fingers for
eight years now.

            Tom Driscoll