Capstan Placement was: Dampp Chaser and Grand Action

Fri, 29 Aug 2003 18:23:03 +0200

Thanks Bill for the description.

They actually do this ???? Now that is suprising. You have to figure at
least some folks were aware that this was going to have potentially major
effects on touchweight...go figure.

No we dont see all that much capstan placement variation in Hamburgs. The
two C's we have are idendical, and I've checked 3 D's that I'm trying to
talk them into doing a PTD on and they are really close. But I have seen
some head scratcher key ratios / and overall ratios from time to time.
Worst case was that Duysen grand that got me started on all this, perhaps
you remember all the help you and John gave me back then.

The down side of the <<make it work>> philosophy of piano work...
sometimes it gets taken to far.

RicB