Black Holes in Pianos

Ray T. Bentley ray@bentley.net
Fri, 29 Aug 2003 17:54:23 -0500

Alan,

This reminds me of something that happened to me last week.  The lady
said that she had lost a ring in her grand piano.  She and her son had
even removed the action to look.  It had been two or three months, and
she had given up.  She had seen me remove the action a few times for
work before.  So she thought they could do it.  I also removed the
action and didn't find the ring.  Then I happened to think...and removed
the music desk guide mount on the right side.  The ring was lying
between the plate and the rim.  Such shouts of joy, I've never heard
from a client!  The ring was a 1 1/2 carat diamond that had been her
mother's.  Almost needless to say, she insisted on overpaying in spite
of my protests!  She's been a good client for years.

Perhaps your IPAQ stylus will yet be found!  :)

Ray

Ray T. Bentley, RPT
Registered Piano Tuner-Technician
Alton, IL