Tuning Pin Bushings

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Sun, 31 Aug 2003 13:28:09 -0700

<I'm working with an old Kimball plate now. The tuning pin holes measure
15/32 or .468" or 11.9mm. The Schaff bushing are of course 7/16" or
.438. It would be a bit more work but how about using some slow drying
epoxy and brushing the outside of each 7/16" bushing with that to make
up the .030" that would be needed.  Put them in before spraying the
plate to avoid ruining the finish. (Better yet brush the walls of the
holes with the epoxy.)>

Hmmm? Sounds to me, to be just a much work or possibly more, than just
making the appropriate bushings!

Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares Are I