ca glue

Richard Strang rstrang@pa.inter.net
Sun, 31 Aug 2003 16:51:28 -0500

7 Days???? I thought this was supposed to be a quick fix?? No, about 1 hour
is all the piano was on it's back. I thought the glue was supposed to run
down along the pin very rapidly. The customer paid me very nicely for
repinning the whole piano, though, so I think the piano is better off now.

Richard

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On
Behalf Of Don
Sent: Sunday, August 31, 2003 12:31 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: ca glue

Hi Richard,

Sorry to hear of your problems. I think you failed to
leave piano on it's back long enough. I err on the
side of too long and try for 7 days.

>I bought 8 ounces of the thin CA from Dryburg
especially >for the job. I lay the piano on it's back
and let the >glue well around the pins. It never went
anywhere, except >for down on the dampers when I lifed
the piano back up.
>What a mess.

=====
Regards,