In your "own" words

Wed, 19 Feb 2003 22:27:39 +0100

I always say there are three reasons, and most often they influence tuning in
the following order

Climate
Useage
Time

If the piano is seldom or never used, then the its most often

Climate
Time
Usage

And I go on to explain the basics of how each of these three influences the
stability of the instrument

RicB