Open-Face Pinblock & Stringing

Jeannie Grassi jgrassi@silverlink.net
Thu, 2 Jan 2003 08:11:50 -0800

Hi Terry,
I have one of Mike Swendson's tools.  The weight is much larger and
heavier and no more pinching of hands when using it either.  It works
wonderfully.

Jeannie

Jeannie Grassi, RPT
Associate Editor, Piano Technicians Journal
mailto:jgrassi@silverlink.net

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Don
Sent: Wednesday, January 01, 2003 6:58 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: Open-Face Pinblock & Stringing

Hi Terry,

Have Mike Swendson custom make you a tip for it. His email address is
mike.swendsen@shaw.ca and icq # is 709649

At 07:50 PM 1/1/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>I have the coil tightening tool that has a weight on a shaft that you
>bang
upwards. I've only restrung a couple pianos with it, but it seems as
though the edges that should hook onto the coil have rounded off and
each time you bang the weight, it just jumps off the coil. I likely
bought mine from Schaff or APSCO. Is there a better quality one
available?

>Terry Farrell

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/