Big Action Rail Pins

Sun, 5 Jan 2003 08:49:42 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Farrell" <mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: January 05, 2003 8:08 AM
Subject: Re: Big Action Rail Pins

> Nope. That sounds interesting though. Anyone ever do that? I would think
that with wear and compaction it would allow for a lot more key movement.
But maybe not. Anyone? Also, if I use standard 0.146" pins, I would have to
plug and redrill all the holes in the action frame. Seems to me a good
polishing or replating might be the way to go.

> Terry Farrell

Terry,

You might check with Renner. Back in the old, inconvenient days when we had
to order from Germany we were able to get pins of various sizes -- including
at least one that was rather large. Now, in the new convenient days, I've no
idea if Renner USA imports these.

Barring that, you might check with one of the European suppliers.

Del