Brass Action Rails

John Ross jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
Sun, 05 Jan 2003 13:01:32 -0400

Hi Terry,
I notice that Scaff charges $100 for each section. For repair flanges
#517, it is $97.42 for a set. If #517 were used, it would make it much
easier in the future to repair. (50 years hence) That is if you are
going to use the original butts. The rails would have to come off
anyway, and the "tits" could be used to locate the position to drill
the individual holes for the flanges.
If on the otherhand, you were replacing the butts anyway, then it
might make sense to get away from the brass altogether.
Regards,
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca