Kimball Whitney

kam544@gbronline.com kam544@gbronline.com
Sun, 5 Jan 2003 13:23:47 -0600

>Any opinions on the quality of Kimball Whitney pianos?  Is it a spinet??...
>Corte Swearingen

The Kimball Whitney is an entry level piano, no longer being made.
Yes, it is a spinet.

If this particular one has not been exposed to harsh environmental
conditions, it should be in reasonable working condition for a
start-up piano. Stability of tuning could be an issue. Unless it has
a track record, it would take a unbiased professional to ascertain
its potential stability.

Overall, I haven't found them to be that unfit as some others have
stated thus far. I've serviced about 48 Kimball type spinets thus far.

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731
Piano Technicians Guild