Expensive M

tune4u@earthlink.net tune4u@earthlink.net
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 20:38:33 -0600

Great idea. Think I'll sell my piano, too:

                                                For Sale

Antique 1921 Geo. Steck Baby Grand. Original finish! Many parts made from
REAL WOOD, lamb's wool, and genuine leather. Hammer heads already broken in
and custom molded to string outlines! Genuine ivory keys, some with a trendy
"grunge" appearance and authentic chips for that "distressed" look. Lid
actually opens to display a full set of pre-tensioned grey and black strings
as well as the GENUINE SPRUCE soundboard with its custom, multi-toned finish
and the GENUINE BELL-METAL plate in antique gold with black speckles finish.
Solid brass casters have a rich, dark patina (no polishing required!) Piano
spans more than 8 OCTAVES with a variety of tonal colors and sound
qualities, from bright and piercing (great for molto agitato) to a leaden,
staccato for playing those thudissimo passages. This is a unique find!
Richard Wagner wrote Parsifal on a Steck piano even older than this one!
They have won many gold ribbons in Paris, New York, and Sandusky! Here is
your chance to own one in a genuine PRE-RESTORED condition. This is the real
thing, there are NO PLASTIC PARTS on this fine piano, 100% made in the USA.
With matching bench, only $147,329.95 OBO. Delivery, set-up, and tuning
extra.

Whadaya think?

(Yeah, well same to you, pal!)

Alan Barnard