Tuning Info for our Yamaha MX100A Disklavier #4676936

Caw4343@cs.com Caw4343@cs.com
Tue, 7 Jan 2003 13:06:07 EST

Tucker's answer in the June 4, 2002 issue and thought he or someone like him
could help me.  I need to find an exact TuneLab Pro .tun file for our 1989
Yamaha Disklavier MX100A Piano serial #4676936 that my wife and I bought new
in 1990. I am very picky about the tuning (usually 6 to 8 per year) and at
$75.00 a time it gets a bit costly for a retired person on a fixed income. So
I used my wife's old Gateway Solo 2500 Pentium II 300Mz with TuneLab Pro
software and a Yamahau3.tun file and went to work tuning our Disklavier.  I
had purchased a Touch Up Tool Kit from www.stevespianorepair.com a few days
previous for $68.00 that came with a tuning instruction CD. I went through
all the info on tuning unisons & octaves, hearing beats & counting them &
almost all the info on tuning pianos on the CD. Then I read Tuning to Robert
Scott's TuneLab-2.0 on the CD. I tried using the average.tun file as
suggested on the CD, before I used the Yamahau3.tun file, but the octaves
stunk.  The Yamahau3 tuning sounds real close but not perfect to my ears.  I
now have learned that my Piano is much closer to being a Yamaha U1 upright.
It is 49 3/4 inches from the floor to the lid top.  After tuning our piano
with TuneLab Pro using the Yamahau3.tun file I did some inharmonicity
measurements and adjusted the deviation curves according to the program
instructions but the low bass did not drop down the way it should have.  The
high treble looked pretty good but I would like to get some other input about
the 6:3 octaves in the base and 4:1 double octaves in the treble and their
purity.  My ears like pure octaves and I understand that the they need
streching in the low bass and higher octaves.  Would someone please e-mail me
the correct tuning pitches for all 88 notes in cents Plus or Minus starting
with A0 through C8? Or please send me a Yamahau1.tun file or a Disklavier
MX100A.tun file that works with TuneLab Pro?  I Thank you in advance for your
answers and information.
Best regards, Conrad Ware caw4343@cs.com