Steinway K

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Thu, 9 Jan 2003 10:00:28 EST

In a message dated 1/9/2003 1:44:43 AM Pacific Standard Time,
sbellieu@mindspring.com writes:

> Subj: Re: Steinway K
>  Date: 1/9/2003 1:44:43 AM Pacific Standard Time
>  From: <A HREF="mailto:sbellieu@mindspring.com">sbellieu@mindspring.com</A>
>  To: <A HREF="mailto:pianotech@ptg.org">pianotech@ptg.org</A>
>  Sent from the Internet

               Ric Steve
              My first Stwy was a 1913 model K also and I loved it. I always
thought the bass had it except the single wrapped mono-chords. IMHO strings
this short should be double wrapped for more flexability which gives an
overall improvement in every area that means good tone.  The bichods usually
have very good focus ,sustain and clarity. It's too bad that bass strings
made today don't have a prayer of holding up as long as the ones made by
those guys. There materials an possibly expertise was better then.
   Regard---Dale Erwin