Ivory Keys banned?

Brian Lawson lawsonic@bdmail.co.za
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 19:57:03 +0200

The price is given in this website. As with a lot of things on the =
market, US residents only

http://www.ivorybuyer.com/sales/pianokeys.htm

But of interest to all, http://www.ivorybuyer.com/sales/workingtips.htm =
how to work with ivory

Brian

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Erwinspiano@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Friday, January 10, 2003 5:08 PM
  Subject: Re: Ivory Keys banned?

  In a message dated 1/10/2003 5:57:04 AM Pacific Standard Time, =

    Subj: Re: Ivory Keys banned?=20
    Date: 1/10/2003 5:57:04 AM Pacific Standard Time
    From: forever.tteot@verizon.net
    To: pianotech@ptg.org
    Sent from the Internet=20

    Pre -Ban Ivory keysets (they come with keys attached) are available =
from Roseland piano but it's a pricey proposition

               Dale

    Hello,

    I was talking to a Steinway authorized tech/dealer and was asking =
him
    about ivory keys because when they rebuilt my action, they replaced =
the
    ivory with some new material and he said that Steinway officially =
stopped
    using ivory in either 1972 or 1982 (I think it was 1982)...BUT I =
know
    that there are still legal ways to get ivory in the US...I just =
don't
    know how one goes about doing that.  I would have thought that , of =
all
    companies, Steinway would have continued to use ivory (legally) on =
their
    grands.

    Hope this helps...at least maybe a little.

    Steven