Heintzman Piano

John Ross jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
Sat, 11 Jan 2003 14:45:43 -0400

Hi List and Roger,
I have a 1922 Heintzman, 54" upright, with the agraffe upper bridge,I
am going to refurbish, for my wife.
Unfortunately, it came from a school, and the action, had been really
broken up. Butts broken and not a hammer on it.
I was wondering what would be the best hammer to put on it.
The brass rails are intact.
Roger, I understand that you do something special to the bass bridge,
could you explain this, and possibly supply a picture, of your
modification. I understand that the bass strings are not as original.
I was originally, intending to send this to Roger, direct, but then I
thought, that the list, might have some input, and also appreciate
Roger's reply.
Thank you all.
The list has been a wonderful source of knowledge, over the years, and
I certainly appreciate being part of it.
Best regards,
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca