(OT & Boring) SHAME..my last also..

Sun, 12 Jan 2003 18:48:42 -0800

I think it's probably important not to confuse the validity of the =
message by the way or by whom it is expressed.  Most of us would agree =
that the wholesale slaughter of elephants for their ivory is wrong.   At =
the same time, I will admit that I can appreciate the feel of ivory over =
plastic.  Fortunately there is enough prebanned ivory for the moment to =
satisfy those who want to pay the price.   Plastic is also made from a =
non renewable source, petroleum.  In addition, there are probably =
environmental consequences to it's manufacture.  I haven't heard anybody =
argue that making keytops out of petroleum products supports terrorism, =
but I'm sure it's coming.  I say we close this one and move on.

David Love =20