DC Heater Above Keys

John M. Formsma jformsma@fortunehitech.net
Sun, 12 Jan 2003 21:36:42 -0600

Alan,

I've seen some of this, and assumed the previous "tech" was trying to
correct sluggishness in the action centers.

John Formsma

  Army piano has a DC heater bar installed above the keys, parallel to the
backcheck heads and about an inch away from them.

  Service tag in the piano indicates that this piano lived in Alabama at one
time.

  Is this a common installation in warm, wet climates?  Seems like it would
still be better placed in the usual spot.

  I'm putting in a full system, anyway, but just wondered about this.

  Alan Barnard
  Salem, MO