My mistake.....my lesson....a cautionary tale

David Andersen bigda@gte.net
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 00:37:18 -0000

> Anyways...a judicious hammering on the hammers would have been helpful 'if'
>the artist would allow you to touch the piano at that time......otherwise
>you
>did as well as can be expected in such situations..........

I did it....pounded and filed w/ 220 grit paper on artist-selected notes
that had "died...."
When they had come up some, I asked the owner to tell the artist i was
ready to check with her.
The owner said, "oh, the artist is taking a nap...."
I said, "Taking a nap? I need her input."
The owner said, "OK, just knock on her bedroom door."
I said, "Not for a million dollars."
Then I packed up, apologized again to the owner, told her exactly what I
could do vis a vis ironing and/or lacquer to get the artist's "edge"
back----she passed, hugged me, said "Just take deep breaths, go enjoy
your weekend.  This will pass...."
Sweet lady.
So I tried to.