A Bold Move

Jon Page jonpage@attbi.com
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 18:02:06 -0500

At 06:23 PM 1/15/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi Jon
>
>I decided to put Broadwoods best on trial at the UiB. A week ago I put it on a
>Yamaha U3 and boy am I getting some comments. Odd too, as I had both the
>BBEBVT and
>the V-Young Well on and hardly anyone said a word.
>
>So, anyways... today I decided to try this Broadwood Best # 5 Quasi ET on the
>Hafner pianoforte' we have and boy does that fit the bill. That instrument
>has not
>sounded so good when played ever.
>
>Anyways... just thought I'd pipe in with a little bit of reactions from
>Bergen.
>
>Cheers
>
>RicB

I tuned a S$S B today for someone. I went armed with a few charts printed
out from Jason's site for visual aides.
She was very receptive to the WT idea and I suggested the Broadwood Best. I
tuned the center three octaves and let her sample
and she liked it. I tuned the rest of the piano...she loved it.  It is the
sound she has been looking for, trying this tuner and that tuner.

She liked the warmth it gave to the piano and the enhanced intonation.

Driving home, I got to thinking; the 20th century gave us the dumbing-down
of education and the toning-down of intonation.

Regards,

Jon Page,   piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.
mailto:jonpage@attbi.com