Renner Back Action

David M. Porritt dm.porritt@verizon.net
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 18:49:59 -0600

Terry:

I just put one of these in a couple of weeks ago.  The cost from
Renner is $420.00.  They are not hard, but do get the $40.00 (extra)
flange screw drill bit.  It works well and you'll use it on the next
20 units you do.  The Renner parts are superb (the damper wires
actually go through the sockets and the screws have a good slot so
they can be tightened....radical stuff!)  You need a drill press and
a good saw.  You can do it in a day.

dave

On 1/15/2003 at 7:19 PM Farrell wrote:

>I'm looking for two numbers. I need to zip (fast) out a rebuild
proposal
>on a 1973 Steinway L. Did the Teflon disease progress to the back
actions?
>I have never put in a new Renner Back Action. I know there was a
good
>guide presented in recent Journal articles, which I will be
reviewing.
>What is the cost of the Renner Back Action? And about how many hours
can
>be anticipated by an experienced tech (not that that has anything to
do
>with me, but it is useful for calculating fees) to install the
Renner Back