Renner Back Action

David Andersen bigda@gte.net
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 17:43:04 -0700

>I'm looking for two numbers. I need to zip (fast) out a rebuild proposal
>on a 1973 Steinway L. Did the Teflon disease progress to the back actions?
>I have never put in a new Renner Back Action. I know there was a good
>guide presented in recent Journal articles, which I will be reviewing.
>What is the cost of the Renner Back Action? And about how many hours can
>be anticipated by an experienced tech (not that that has anything to do
>with me, but it is useful for calculating fees) to install the Renner Back
>Action.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Terry Farrell

Dude.....slow way, way, down.  Step away from the computer.  You are
letting yourself in for the biggest,
most nightmarish Murphy's experience you could ever imagine with this '73
beast.  Email Steve Bellieu, my shop partner and a list member, about our
'70's Steinway horror stories.  Talk to Dale Erwin.  You're biting off
way, way more than you can chew.  And why are you doing this so fast?
Competing bids?  You better add 30% of the total bid as an afterthought,
or you'll get killed.  Familiar with change orders? YOU WILL BE AFTER
THIS.

Slow down.  Get some help.  May God have mercy on your soul.

David Andersen