Renner Back Action

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 11:23:50 EST

In a message dated 1/15/2003 10:50:22 PM Pacific Standard Time,
roger.j@sasktel.net writes:

> Subj: Re: Renner Back Action
>  Date: 1/15/2003 10:50:22 PM Pacific Standard Time
>  From: <A HREF="mailto:roger.j@sasktel.net">roger.j@sasktel.net</A>
>  To: <A HREF="mailto:pianotech@ptg.org">pianotech@ptg.org</A>
>  Sent from the Internet
>
>  Hi Terry

   I second what Rodger is saying only I can use a Renner USA or Tokiwa back
action kit for 400 bucks. I can usually assemble it and have it fitted to the
piano in a day. There's no mystery to this procedure it's just good pattern
making and careful aligning. Hey, It's not beyond your capabilitiesd So why
give Stwy all that money?
  I also make my own new pivot blocks and line up the underlever pivot pins
in line with the flange center pins so everthing that moves rotates around
the same center point. This totally eliminates the problems with the
wierdness in the upstop rail adjustment , eliminates the ducking underlever
syndrome which wears out the lifter felts if the tray is set to low and
reduces the heavy pedal syndrome that Stwys have. I also ditch the brass
pitman and put in a wooden one with a pin in each end, no more squeak. This
part takes a little more time but it's worth it. I figure the whole retrofit
and modification parts included at about $1750.00
   Dale Erwin