Are we wasting our Bold Moves ?

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 13:39:44 EST

 Richard  writes:

<< On the
one hand, we have given up on tuning for musicians because they cant
hear the difference between an orange, and on the other hand we are
amazed at how they react to the slightest changes is temperaments.... :)

What am I missing here... I ask yas... ? >>

    My opinion:
     Musicians that have heard only ET have learned not to hear "out of
tuneness".  Much can get by them.  Once the light of WT has shone on them
strongly enough, they become sensitized to a greater degree of nuance than
ever before.

Ed Foote RPT
www.uk-piano.org/edfoote/