Two Capstans again

Thu, 16 Jan 2003 22:20:41 +0100

I'm no artist mind you... but the one on the left is convex, like our capstans. The
oposite of convex is concave... also dimpled if you will... like a small bowl.

With a concave, you would end up with just as much surface contact with the heel, but
the length of the resulting fulcrum would be longer.

David Ilvedson wrote:

> Can you make a drawing or take a picture of this...I'm trying to work it out in my
> feeble mind...
>
> David I.

[Image]

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.

--------------EAB853B4C0DE61379E057FA5
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

--------------EAB853B4C0DE61379E057FA5
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: C:\\DOCUME~1\\RICHAR~1\\LOCALS~1\\Temp\\nsmailQ2.jpeg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 2952 bytes
Desc: not available

--------------EAB853B4C0DE61379E057FA5--