dogs, was "Re: Another newbie question"

Charles Neuman piano@charlesneuman.net
Sun, 19 Jan 2003 10:44:34 -0500 (EST)

Bill Ballard RPT wrote:
> Pleased to meet you, I'm the ill-tempered mutt on the front lawn.

I can handle the mutts. The purebreads are more trouble, though.

When I used to bike in rural areas, I found a good technique for handling
some of those dogs that come charging at you. If I can get a word in
edgewise (from all the barking), I say, "good boy... Sit....
sit....stay...that's a good boy...", and sometimes they obeyed me! The dog
sits down and wags his tail. I'm thinking, "Why is he listening to me?
He could be having my foot for lunch!"

Sometime it didn't work, and I just had to peddle like hell.

Charles Neuman