(no subject)

Sun, 19 Jan 2003 17:37:08 +0100

Ron Nossaman wrote:

> Soundboard assembly stiffness comes primarily from two sources; rib
> stiffness, and panel compression. Ribs act as a linear spring in that if a
> given rib deflects 3 millimeters under a 5 pound center load, then it will
> deflect 10mm under a 10 pound center load. Panel compression acts as a
> progressive rate spring, meaning that the more it is compressed, the
> greater the resistance to compression.

Ron... perhaps I just misunderstand... or is this a typo here... seems like you
must have meant (for the ribs)
"5 millimeters under a 5 pound load".  If you did mean 3 mm under 5 lbs, and then
10mm under 10 lbs isnt this sort of regressive ? I.e. the more you load the ribs
the less per lb they deflect ?

Please clear me up on this one if you might.

Cheers
RicB

--
Richard Brekne