CA glue, Part II

Charles Neuman piano@charlesneuman.net
Sun, 19 Jan 2003 15:53:46 -0500 (EST)

An answer and a question:

Answer:

A while ago I asked about the technique of storing CA glue upside down.
What you do is turn the glue upside down, and the squeeze it until a drop
almost comes out, and then put the cap on. The glue is then kept upside
down. This makes sure there is no air in the tip, and it keeps the glue
from curing in the tip. I said I'd report back on how it works.

It works! One time I did have to push a pin through the tip to open the
hole, but another time the tip was fine. Since you let a drop almost come
out of the tip, a concern might be that the cap would get glued to the
tip. It doesn't. Glue doesn't stick to the inside of the cap well. The
surface is too smooth.

Question:

Suppliers of CA glue sell replacement spray pumps for the accelerant. Why,
I wondered? Well, mine jammed up. I guess the accelerant gets a little
gummy after a while. What do people do to prolong the life of the spray
pump? Can you take it out of the accelerant after use and rinse it with
water or a solvant?

Charles Neuman
PTG Assoc, Long Island