strings - not done yet

Kevin E. Ramsey kevin.e.ramsey@cox.net
Sun, 19 Jan 2003 13:54:47 -0700

I keep mine in a Tupperware container with a big bag of desiccant in it. =
I get plenty of new bags because they come with the piano. But then, I =
live in Arizona, so I don't usually have too much problem with moisture. =
You could look into a kit that would go inside with you at night, I =
suppose.=20

    Kevin
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Charles Neuman=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Sunday, January 19, 2003 1:44 PM
  Subject: strings - not done yet

  I forgot to ask about rusting. One person said he doesn't keep his =
strings
  in his car because they would rust. Most other people like to have =
their
  strings with them. If you DO keep your strings with you, what is the =
best
  way to prevent rust, aside from spraying them with WD-40? (I know, I =
know,
  don't panic. I would never do that.)

  Would a zip lock bag help?

  Charles Neuman