OT: MY EMBARRASSING MISTAKE! I APOLOGIZE! LAST POLITICAL POST!

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Sun, 19 Jan 2003 23:34:50 -0800 (PST)

My mistake and I apologize profusely!  It was
Bob Graham of Fla., Democrat on Senate Intelligence
Committee, who requested the report. And 13 agencies
( not 17 ) contributed. To hear the full program,
including live interview with Graham, please access
www.thislife.org and listen  to the December 20, 2002
episode: "Why We Fight". Honestly explores ALL
viewpoints! And Saddam Hussein is a vile monster, but
I am still opposed to invasion if it will unleash a
torrent of Islamic fundamentalist terrorism within our
borders.  All other means to oust Saddam, even engage
him diplomatically (  revolting thought ) should be
tried first, IMHO.  Please remember: The US put him in
power and gave him his weapons.Even helped him
eradicate his political foes.  So we are not without
blame, and many worldwide resent us for this sort of
meddling. ( George Washington, in his farewell
address, warned about just such "entanglements"!)
This is my VERY LAST political post! Honestly! I just
felt compelled to correct my very embarrassing
mistake, lest it lead some astray.
Thump

(The gaffe follows)

ALL 17 of our Intelligence
> agencies ( in a report requested by Phil Gramm,
> Republican, Texas ) recommend AGAINST invading Iraq,
> saying that Saddam will attack NO-ONE unless
> attacked
> first! Yet BUSH persists, although they said such an
> invasion would unleash terrorism upon us with untold
> civilian casualties! ( To which the Bush
> administration said, in effect: "That's just how it
> goes..."  HE'S THE PRESIDENT! HE'S SUPPOOSED TO
> PROTECT AMERICANS:  NOT PUT THEM AT RISK!!!!!!
>       Think about it!
>       Thump
>
> Traitor! GEt the hell out of the U.S. and go live
> with saddam! Loser!
>
> Terry Peterson

( Ummmmm..... No thanks, Terry!  Loser that I am, I
percieve absolutely no benefit from going anywhere or
doing anything. Especially in Iraq.  So why bother? )